What are Spirit Detectives?
At Bickleigh Down we have a team of children who are active in ensuring that our school is distinctive as a Church of England School. Years 1-6 have one representative each and the children meet regularly with Miss Freeman.
How have our Spirit Detectives been chosen?
Our Spirit Detectives have been chosen and voted for by their peers because meet the following criteria:
- They have a firm understanding of our school’s Christian vision, where it comes from and what it means.
- They are able to talk about our Christian Values and where they come from.
- They have an interest in our school’s distinctive nature as a Church of England School.
- They are excited about finding evidence of our school's distinctive nature and character.
- They are interested in RE and take time to think deeply.
- They are good communicators and willing to share what they have learnt with their class and the wider school.
Spirit Detective roles and responsibilities
Our Spirit Detectives have the following roles and responsibilities in school:
- Help to lead worship and share some information about our vision and values with the rest of the school.
- Visit other classes during class worship and share what they see with the other Spirit Detectives.
- Check class reflection spaces and talk about some of the key features with the other Spirit Detectives.
- Provide each class with feedback on their Reflection Space.
- Talk to visitors to the school about what makes us an excellent church school.
- Attend some meetings with the other Spirit Detectives to talk about plans for the future.
- Create a scrapbook of evidence to share our work on vision and values.