Welcome to the Year Two page
The staff in Year Two are:
2H Class Teacher - Mr Harding
2B Class Teacher - Miss Bowyer
Learning Support Assistants – Mrs Perryman, Mrs Davey
PPA teachers – Miss Freeman & Mrs Vanstone
Resources and Mealtime Assistant - Mrs Lilly
Please see the bottom of this page for
- Year Two weekly letters
- Curriculum map
- Spelling progression
- Pace planner
- Maths calculation policy
Homework will consist of weekly tasks reflecting and consolidating the class teaching from the week. This will consist of:
- a short phonics task based on the phonics pattern learnt during the week
- ongoing learning of the Year Two exception words,
- a short maths or English task consolidating the week’s learning
- an optional more open ended task to discuss and investigate with your child
- In addition it is expected that children read for at least 15 minutes a day outside school hours. This could be alone or with an adult.
Homework will be set on a Friday and should be returned by the following Thursday. A spelling test of 5 words containing the phonics spelling pattern learnt on the previous week and 5 Year Two exception words will take place each Friday.
- P.E. kits, book bags, reading books and home-school diaries will be needed in school every day.
- Please remember to provide your child with a hat and sun cream / warm waterproof coat depending on the season.
- As always, it is important to name label all of your child’s belongings clearly.
Year 2 Information
- A labelled drink bottle for WATER should be brought to school each day.
- Your child will bring home a reading book to read with an adult at home. We encourage them to record the title in their home-school diary but please help your child with this if needed. Your child’s reading ability is assessed regularly the their book band level might change.
- Children have the opportunity to change their book every day.
- Children will work in ability groups for English, Maths and reading. These groups will be adjusted when necessary depending on each child’s work and progress.
- PE lessons will take place on Mondays (outdoors) and Thursdays (indoors)
- We love to hear about important events or occasions in the children's lives. We set aside a short amount of 'show and tell time' once a week. This is the weekly opportunity to share with the class or bring is special things to show.
- Children take part in various guided group activities with their teacher or teaching assistant each week. The class teacher will write a progress comment in your child's diary relating to the work they have done together.
- Every Monday, you will be emailed a Year Two weekly newsletter outlining the curriculum for the week. This letter will also be available on the website.
- Please ensure that important information is communicated to school using the home-school diary. For example, if somebody else is collecting your child from school or your child will be late due to a medical appointment, etc.
Have you seen the Kids’ Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites.